Monday 18 February 2008

New Paintings: Rockdog's puppies!


I have been working pretty solidly since Christmas on a new set of paintings. So far there are 7 on the go! I find that I work best when I "leapfrog" from painting to painting using the pallete that has evolved from one as the basis for the next and using the time while each painting session dries to bring the least developed painting up to speed. I never quite know when to finish - I always tell people painting in oil is a matter of 5 steps forward 1 step back; when the ratio starts getting even or inverse I call it a day.


These painting are the sucessors to a painting I did just over a year ago entitled ROCKDOG
This came from a month of taking hundreds of photos of the rock formations at the foot of the cliffs at Rockanore in Hastings and focused on the patterns and marks of erosion.
I have been back several times and charted this erosion and the fascinating micro landscapes in creates.


No comments: