Tuesday 12 February 2008

Seacandy jewellery website for Collette

SEACANDY - Handmade gemstone silver and gemstone jewellery with a coastal twist by Collette Murphy

I Have spent most of the weekend working on Collette's website; photographing and updating the backlog of pieces she had made over the last few weeks. In doing so I've managed to squeeze a few of the tricks I've learnt on Ryepress (well hopefully the ones that work!)

Collette:
When I moved from London to the South Coast a few years ago I rediscovered the gem shop my parents used to take me to on seaside visits. This reawakened my fascination with gemstones and became the starting point for a new collection of jewellery designs, inspired by the sea and the constantly changing shoreline.

The designs are usually made in silver with precious or semi precious gemstones and seashells - although sometimes I find ceramic, glass or vintage beads which I just can’t resist incorporating into the pieces. I try to indicate on each page exactly which stones have been used - if they are glass instead of gemstones I will point this out. I also indicate the type of metal which has been used, although this is usually silver.

No comments: